Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hawaii: Day 7

Thursday came and it was our last day at the beach house and it wasn't even a full day! :(  In order to make it to the temple before we had to check out of the house, we had to get up pretty early to make it to the first session.  And I am so glad we did!  The details of the Laie temple are so unique to Hawaii and I just loved it. 
 



 
We made another stop by Ted's Bakery after the temple because ya never know the next time we'll be back there so we had to live it up! :)  And I need to find me a Chocolate Haupia Cream Pie here in Utah - they were to die for!!

 
A Knowles Family Vacation is never complete without a custom tshirt made by Miss Emily (bottom right).  You can't tell from these pictures but she drew a scene from Lilo & Stitch and then had them screen printed on the shirt.  Our vacations are always Disney themed if she can help it. :)
 

 
My cute parents and their cute grandkids.  Don't we have the cutest little blonde kiddos in our family?  I just love them! 


A little closer up shot of the shirts. :) I love Emily's art. And I love that boy up there a whole lot too. :) By the way, these pictures were taken in the yard of the beach house we were staying in.  We got to wake up to that view every morning.  I could have stayed forever!


The original six.
 
 
After we checked out of the beach house, we made our way down to Kapolei to the Disney Aulani Resort.  We had a little time to kill before we could check in down there so we explored a little bit and somehow found ourselves back at the Dole Plantation with another Pineapple Dole Whip in hand. :)  Those things are AMAZING!  We found that a Farr's Fresh here in Utah does a pretty good job of replicating them, if you're interested.

 
Not entirely sure how this happened, but I somehow managed to only get this one picture of our first day at Aulani and it definitely does not do the place justice one bit.  Disney never disappoints and always goes above and beyond any expectation.  The picture up above is the view of the lobby.  As soon as we arrived, we were greated by name and given a lei.  No matter who you are, they treat you like royalty.  It's awesome.
 
They have the best little bay at the resort and Preston finally convinced me to go snorkeling with him.  I agreed since it seemed like a pretty safe environment.  I'll never make that mistake again.  I finally felt comfortable breathing through my mouth piece and had even ventured off on my own a little bit when I was greeted by another huge seal!! SERIOUSLY? I couldn't get out of the water fast enough.  Preston has the whole thing on video but for some reason I'm not tech savvy enough to upload those here.  Anyways, it was frightening (and quite comical, I am sure).  My poor husband sure didn't luck out in the adventurous wife department.
 

We finished up the day by going to the Dinner Buffet in the resort where I had to have eaten my body weight.  But it was hard not to! They had the best food.  My poor husband was wiped out by the end of the day.  I found him sleeping in our room just like this.  Someday we'll go on a vacation that is actually relaxing. haha

See here for Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, & Day 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...