Friday, August 29, 2014

Sunshine

 

Isn't that the truth?^ So often I want someone else to be the one that is going to say or do the right things to buoy me up, to make my day. I have had several instances lately where this sweet friend of mine has done just that.  At my literal breaking point, she has been there with the kindest notes of encouragement that were exactly what I needed to hear.  She had no idea that I was struggling during either of these instances but had just felt prompted to say what she did at that time.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect.  I had to tease her and ask her if she was spying on me because of how acurate she was. :)
 
But I've realized, those experiences don't happen every day and they certainly don't happen every time I am having a hard time.  I found this quote on pinterest the other day and I just love it.  "Some days you just have to create your own sunshine."  So simple yet so profound.  I can wait around for someone to do something nice for me so I'll feel better or I can be proactive and change my mood myself.  Definitely easier said than done but I'm going to try and remember this so when the hard days come (because they inevitably will), I will be ready.  I will be the one to create my own little sunshine and maybe, be the one to create some for someone else.
 
Happy Friday, friends!
xo, Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...