Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hawaii: Day 4

Monday morning was spent on the beach.  We sunbathed, read, played in the sand, boogie boarded, and got visited by a seal! Everyone was pretty excited about that seal, except for me.  I like to think that there aren't really fish or other sea life in the ocean....so when I get surprised by something like this my initial reaction is definitely not excitement.  Usually I'm freaked out and irritated.  How dare that seal swim onto our beach!! ;) Normally this scares me out of the water for the rest of the day but I couldn't stand the thought of wasting precious beach time in Hawaii so before long I was back out in the water, boogie boarding with the boys.  For some reason, I was feeling brave.  I got one good wave, turned around to swim out to another one and what do I see? A FIN!!! Poked right out of the water right in front of me.  Just like on JAWS. Most likely it was a shark.  Just kidding, it could have been anything.  My luck it was the dang seal from earlier playing tricks on me, but I really didn't want to wait around to find out.  I paddled my little heart back to shore and was glad to find out I wasn't the only one who had seen it.  My brother in law had too and he agreed - no matter how brave you are, you don't really want to be surprised by a shark.  Needless to say, it scared us out of the water for the rest of the day. :)
 
We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at the Polynesian Cultural Center.  I honestly didn't know what to expect before we went there but I was thoroughly impressed!  It was like a Disneyland for French Polynesia! :)  I loved learning about all of the different cultures.  They are so neat and have so many cool traditions that it makes me think our traditions are pretty lame, in comparison.  My favorite thing by far was watching the Samoan climb the palm tree.  INCREDIBLE! And the night show was awesome.  I do have to say though, the buffet was just okay.  Not really all that special.   Other than that it was a blast! I'm so glad we went!
 
See here for Day 1, Day 2, & Day 3.
xoxo,
Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...