Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hawaii: Day 5

Our trip to Hawaii is becoming more and more of a distant memory so I'm trying to get my booty in gear and get it all documented. 

Day five started off nice and early for most of our group.  Preston, my bro in law Stephen, and my parents set out in the early morning to swim with the sharks. Yeah, you heard that right - sharks.  As you can probably guess after reading this post back here, I didn't attend.  But after hearing about the adventure, I'm pretty sure I could have done it. (Except for when they all got sea sick on the boat - I can live without that) They were in a metal cage with snorkel gear the whole time. I assumed that they would have to throw bait out to attract the sharks....nope! They just flock (do sharks flock?) to the boat all on their own! And their were tons of them! Like at least 30!! The thought of that alone kind of freaks me out. I try not to think about it too much so I don't become even more paranoid.  But they had a blast. If I can figure out how, I will post a video Preston took while he was in the cage. It doesn't even look real with as many sharks that there were!

When they got back from their excursion, we headed down to Hanauma Bay to snorkel. After driving about an hour to get there, we arrived only to learn they are closed on Tuesdays!! Talk about frustrating! So if you plan to visit Hanauma Bay, make sure not to go on a Tuesday! That is the fishes day of rest, apparently. 

With snorkeling out of the question, we stopped for lunch at Zippy's where we were introduced to a "plate lunch".  Basically your choice of meat with rice and pasta salad.  And oh man, Hawaii has got it down with the pasta salad.  I don't know what it is but it is SO GOOD! I'm in search of recipe that matches how wonderful it was. 
 
We then ventured down to Sandy Beach.  Little did we know that the waves are HUGE and it's not family friendly.  We know this only because we stuck out like sore thumbs and had the life guard come down and tell us so.  Haha so we headed down the beach a few miles and found a beach full of sea turtles! It was so fun and the beach was absolutely gorgeous! We finished up the day with a quick stop by Giovanni's Shrimp Truck (definitely worth it - try the shrimp and the hot dog!) and relaxing in the beach house.


See here for Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, & Day 4.
xoxo, Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...