Wednesday, July 30, 2014

a place of love and beauty

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A fam'ly is forever.
 
Sometimes I forget how blessed we are to have so many temples surrounding us.  So many people have to travel long distances to the temple and some will only go a handful of times in their lifetime. But not us.  Pretty soon we are going to be fortunate enough to have two in our city.  That is awesome!  I'm so grateful for the temple and the peace that I feel when I go there.  It truly is a house of God.  And I'm grateful for a husband who takes me there often.  I love him so. 
 



 
If you follow me on instagram, you probably already know but I was released from one of the best callings in the church: Primary Teacher to the 8 year olds.  Luckily, I was called to the next best calling in the church: Beehive Advisor.  As devastated as I was to leave those cute little kids, I'm excited to see how much fun I will have with the young women.  On Saturday last week, we got up bright and early and visited the temple with one of our sweet young women.  I can't adequately describe what is felt within the walls of the temple but it is nothing short of amazing.  If you haven't ever visited a temple, I encourage you to do so, if possible.  The Ogden Temple Open House is happening soon and anyone can go in and tour it during that time.  Go! You will not be disappointed. :)

xoxo, Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...