Wednesday, September 18, 2013

busy

                                             ^^Hobble Creek^^
 
As soon as school started back up for Preston it seems like our life instantly became insanely busy.  He is working and going to school full time.  I am working full time.  He has a calling at church that keeps him on his toes.  I keep thinking of every project under the sun.  He became a beekeeper this year (can't believe I haven't posted about that) and he just extracted his first bit of honey.  I have a business idea that I can't seem to quit thinking about.  We clean our house one day and half the time you can't even tell we did the next day.  We have good intentions of getting to bed early, getting up early and going to the gym but more often than not, it just doesn't happen. 
 
The point is, we are busy.  And some days it is all a bit overwhelming.  For me, most of the time all of my busy-ness is self-inflicted.  As soon as a new project or hobby pops into my head, I have to do it right away or else it drives me crazy.  Lucky for me I have a very patient and loving husband who is the perfect soundboard and hug-giver whenever I need it.  I try to be the same for him but I know I fall short sometimes. 
 
Anyways, life is hard.  It just is.  But it's so good at the same time. 
 
We took a drive up Hobble Creek Canyon last night so I could take some pictures for a photography class I am taking (ahem, self-inflicted busy-ness) and we were amazed that Fall is already here! The colors of the leaves are changing and the air is feeling crisper.  We are just itching to go camping before the snow gets here!  It made me realize that even though life is busy now, I don't want to take it for granted.  I don't want to wish for these days to be over.  I want to enjoy them and live in the moment.  So if life is going to be busy right now, then by all means be busy.  But we are going to have fun amidst all of the busy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love catching up on your cute blog, Syd!! Such beautiful pics- an I can't wait to try some of those recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...