Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome Fall!









Last night we did something that is socially unacceptable here in Utah Valley....we skipped the rivalry game between BYU and UTAH.  I guess you could say we aren't the biggest football fans in our house, but we're working on it.  Just kidding, we're not working on it at all.  Oh well.
Instead of watching the game, we snuck away for an evening at Sundance for the full moon lift rides.  Usually it is pretty busy up there but with the game being the same night, we lucked out and there was hardly even a crowd.  I didn't realize it at the time but last night was the last night of Summer.  I couldn't have spent it better had I actually planned it.  We picked up some burgers before heading up the canyon and ate them out on the deck at the base of the mountain.  I love visiting Sundance in the summer.  It's so peaceful and quiet.  We hiked around a little bit and I was just in awe of the beauty up there.  I have definitely added a new item to my bucket list: a weekend getaway in one of those cute cabins!  I was dying over how picture perfect everything looked and will now be saving my pennies for a little vacay there one day. :)
The weather could not have been more perfect last night either.  It was just chilly enough to use a blanket on the lift ride.  It was almost as if mother nature was giving us a glimpse of what lies ahead for fall with that slightly cooler air.  It was the perfect way to say goodbye to summer and made me ready for this new season.  So bring on the boots and oversized sweaters! I'm ready!

Happy First Day of Fall! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...