Friday, August 16, 2013

Sour Cream Pancakes

As much as I hate to admit it, Preston does the majority of the cooking at our house.  It's great but it leaves me feeling pretty lazy.

So in an effort to be a better wife, I've decided to spend more time in the kitchen.  I love trying new recipes that could potentially become new family favorites. Well this one is well on its way to becoming just that.  Who knew that sour cream would make pancakes so tasty?!? We loved it!!  We had these for dinner earlier this week (actually two nights this week, that's how good they are) and I'm convinced breakfast for dinner is one of the best things in the world.  Always hits the spot. :)

And on a sidenote, I have now invested in a griddle so I don't have to keep cooking pancakes on my five inch frying pan... Obviously the griddle purchase was after I had taken this photo, hence the misshapen pancakes.  Maybe now I can finally master the art of pancake flipping. :)


Sour Cream Pancakes
 
>> 1 cup Sour Cream
>> 7 Tablespoons Flour
>> 2 Tablespoons Sugar
>> 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
>> 1/2 teaspoon Salt
>> 2 eggs
>> 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
>> Butter for frying and serving
>> Syrup, warmed

1.  In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla.  Set aside.
2.  In a separate small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3.  In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream with the dry ingredients until just combined.  Make sure not to overmix.  Whisk in the egg mixture until just combined.
4.  Drop batter by 1/4 cup servings onto a griddle over medium-low heat. Cook until bubbles form on one side and then cook on the other side.  Pancakes will still be a little on the soft side when they   are done.  Top with softened butter and warm syrup!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...