Monday, August 19, 2013

finding peace

This weekend was a bit of a whirlwind for us. So many things that needed to get done and just simply not enough time to do it all.

I have a bit of a hard time when things don't go the way I want them to. Particularly when it comes to things that need to be done around the house. I'm working on being better at it but man, I can turn into a crazy person if the house isn't completely spotless come Saturday night.

I'm embarrassed of how I act sometimes. Looking back it seems so silly but in the moment it's always so much worse than it really is.

I'm so grateful to have Preston. I don't think I can acknowledge that enough. He sees me at my absolute worst and is still there to comfort and buoy me back up. I know that my Father in Heaven knew I needed someone as lighthearted and positive as him to keep me sane. He literally is there to remind me that I simply just can't do it all. I have lists upon lists of things I need to get done each day and I feel like a failure if that last thing doesn't get crossed off of the list by the time I hit my pillow at night. (silly, but true)

It took me until Sunday afternoon to realize it, but I just need to stop and breathe once in a while. Just because I got to bed with dishes in the sink does not mean that I am worthless. I am trying to find joy in the little things. The things that really matter.

Because if I really think about it, we had a great weekend.

A ward party that we stayed at until the wee hours of the night cleaning potatoes out of 14 dutch ovens. Yes, 14. If you have ever cleaned one, you know how hard that can be, but it made for a funny memory.

A 30 minute date to the Provo Farmer's Market on Saturday where we had some delicious pizza from Fiore. We also took little Millie dog on this date which made for an adventure as she doesn't typically get out much or is ever around that many people. She sniffed everything in sight and pooped in the park. And no, I didn't pick it up. Not my proudest moment.

A cookout up the canyon where we shot guns and had dutch oven potatoes & chicken (dutch ovening twice in one weekend - not a bad thing!) Shooting a gun just as the sun has gone down is super crazy and super scary! Never knew how much fire comes out of the end of those things!

A quick visit from some of my favorite nieces and nephews! Always seems to put a big smile on my face!

And lastly, a beautiful Sunday where the primary children I teach never cease to make me smile, a 2.5 hour nap that was certainly what I needed (and which Preston forced me to take), and a six hour game of Risk with good friends that always makes for a good time. We were left feeling edified and renewed to starting off a new week.

Happy Monday!

And of course some pictures....random images with crappy quality from my phone from the weekend.  Ya wine some ya lose some.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...