Tuesday, August 13, 2013

perspective

It's easy to get caught up in the mindset that what we are doing is never good enough or doesn't really make a difference in the long run.  There are things that I do day in and day out and I sometimes wonder, does this really even matter?  Am I making a difference at all?  Thoughts like these seem to always be bouncing around in my mind.

Well, I came across a picture I took of my back porch at the beginning of the Summer when I first planted my flower pots.  I could not believe how small all of my plants were!  I was certain that I had failed {again} in the plant department and that I could have done better.  I know I probably could have done better {there is always room for improvement}, but HOLY COW!  They have gotten huge!  I got so distracted focusing on all of the plants that I killed this year {if you look closely, some are missing} but overall, I'd have to say I did pretty good. 

I really think it's beneficial to see the results of our labors sometimes.  A lot of times it isn't a possibility.  Sometimes we will never know the effects of our efforts.  We might not know how much a phone call, a smile, or a kind note might mean to someone.  Even though those things might seem insignificant and small to us, it might be huge to someone else. 

Today, it was huge for me to see that in one aspect of my life, I'm succeeding.  Even something as silly as not killing all of my plants this year, is just the boost I needed.  It gives me the motivation to continue doing the small things each day, in hopes that the outcome of those actions is far greater than I will ever know.

                                May 13, 2013
                            August 13, 2013

1 comment:

  1. I should have pulled those weeds on the step before you took the picture ha ha ha. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...