Wednesday, August 21, 2013

holding on to summer

Five days and counting before Preston starts school again and we are taking every opportunity we can to make the most out of what's left of our Summer.  It seems like everywhere I turn I hear people talking about how fast this summer has flown by and I couldn't agree more!  I seem to be putting all responsibilities on the back burner for now in hopes of taking advantage of what little of this warm weather we have left. If only we could make it last forever... Somehow I am determined to get a backpacking trip in before the cold weather settles in!

Last night was spent jet skiing at Utah Lake and having a BBQ.  We have lived 5 minutes from Utah Lake for the past three years and haven't made it down there until tonight!  I can't believe what we have been missing!  We will be down there every chance we can get from now on.  Such a nice little escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.  Not to mention it is BEAUTIFUL!
We also got to spend time with two of our cute nieces that live up here by us and they are absolute dolls.  Preston and I love little kiddos and it always makes us so happy to spend time with them.  They are both one years old and are so fun to watch interact with each other.  

I sure am going to miss the spontaneity that comes with these summer nights.  Pretty soon there will be assignments, papers, and tests that are going to prevent us from doing whatever we feel like.  Until then, we are going to soak up as much of these laid back kind of days as we possibly can. 





^^Happy 1st Birthday to Miss Sammie today!^^





1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I havent ever been to utah lake - and it looks like Im missing out! Such beautiful shots! :) Isnt summer just magical? And ps- I totally think you should do the back to school dinner! I chose our theme part for my kids, but also (selfishly) for me. Because I need the reminder more than anyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...