Friday, July 26, 2013

4th of July

There is something about the 4th of July that makes me absolutely love it.  Growing up, my family spent the majority of our fourths at Lake Powell.  I grew to love that place and whenever I thought of the fourth of July, I always thought of Lake Powell.  I could never imagine spending my Independence Days anywhere else.  Fourth of July was all about camping, jet skiing, cruising in the boat, wakeboarding, and fireworks on the lake.

Well, it's been a few years since I've spent the fourth at the lake, three years to be exact.  Ever since we got married, something has prevented us from celebrating there.  We have either been thousands of miles away or had work schedules that prevented us from going.  This year was the same old story.  But even though my heart yearns for those fourths on the lake, I have realized I still love the fourth of July as much as I always have, no matter where I celebrate it.  If given the choice though, I'd go back to Lake Powell every time in a heartbeat. I love that place.

This year our fourth was the definition of a summer day.  We slept in as long as we felt like and then headed to Seven Peaks.  We swam and enjoyed the scorching hot Utah summer heat.  We enjoyed the carnival in downtown Provo and spent the rest of the afternoon being lazy.  We finished the day off with a BBQ with family and friends and watched the fireworks off in the distance.  We couldn't have asked for a better day.  
^^Miss Makayla June^^

^^Brothers thinking alike in their bright blue shirts. :)^^


^^I think I also love the 4th so much for the excuse it gives me to color coordinate with my love. Hehe.^^

^^Millie Dog^^

^^Watching the fireworks.^^

WE LOVE THE USA!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...