Wednesday, August 1, 2012

quick getaway

A few weekends ago, Preston and I headed up the Nebo Canyon Loop Road for a quick little camping trip. One thing to know about me, I enjoy camping the most when I'm surrounded by beautiful scenery. Well, let's just say I was getting a little bummed as we made the drive up the canyon. We were surrounded by fields of dead grass, trees that had once been caught in a wild fire and it basically looked like a big dry desert. I quickly was becoming disappointed but tried to put on a happy face to act excited for Preston. 

Well, my opinion of this canyon quickly changed the farther up the mountain we went. Within five minutes of me feeling disappointed I was suddenly surrounded by tall mountains jam packed with huge pine trees. It was GORGEOUS! It's safe to say my attitude quickly changed and I was immediately enjoying myself. Funny how the surroundings of an area can change your attitude so much! 


It's always so fun to get out of the valley, away from all the people and spend some time in the mountains. We pulled our little camp trailer and had a blast in the great outdoors. :)

Little Millie dog experienced swimming for the first time and absolutely loved it! She turns out looking like quite the little rat once she is wet though! 


My favorite part of camping is most definitely the food. :) I was spoiled and Preston did all of the cooking. Dutch Oven potatoes & grilled chicken for dinner, s'mores for dessert, and corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. Yeah, I'm a lucky girl! 


I am so glad we live so close to the mountains that a quick little getaway like this is so easy and convenient. I only wish that the summer lasted forever so that we could have trips like this all the time! Let's hope the cold weather is in the far, far future! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Syd I'm so happy you're blogging again! I always love your posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...