Monday, August 15, 2011

Duke




I remember starting college at BYU and just being in awe of the whole campus. Everything was so big, so spread out and there were people everywhere! It was a little overwhelming when I had come from a town with about 8,000 people, a high school with roughly 400 students and a graduating class somewhere around 90. I knew most all of those students and had been going to school with most of my graduating class since preschool.



 Oh Preston, always ready to snap a picture of me. haha


So going to a school with about 30,000ish students was a little different than what I was used to. But I loved it! I loved going to a big school and the experience that I gained there. I wouldn't trade my days at BYU for anything.








I was positive of that up until yesterday. Preston and I took a little outing to Duke University. I had heard that it was a beautiful campus, that it looked a little like Hogwarts, but that was about it. But as soon as we drove up, we saw the Duke University Chapel. I was blown away with how beautiful everything was. That Chapel itself was overly impressive but I absolutely loved everything about that campus! I took a class at BYU on the history of architecture & Interior Design and it was probably my most favorite class. And everything I learned in that class I saw on the buildings at Duke. I loved it! I can't imagine what it would have felt like to have gone to a school like that. It was just absolutely beautiful. 










It made me wonder why I never even considered going anywhere but BYU. I honestly only applied to BYU, nowhere else. Luckily I got in otherwise who knows what I would have done! But as much as I loved visiting Duke, I know BYU was where I was supposed to go and I gained such an amazing education there. That being said, I still can't help but imagine what it would be like or what kind of student I would have had to be to go to such a prestigious university.

..................

Hey & don't forget to enter the giveaway HERE! 
.....................................................................................................................................................................
Spiritual Exercise:
Read Called to Be Saints by Elder Benjamin De Hoyos
Alma 46, 47, & 48
..................................
Physical Exercise:
-Run
-Crunches
-Pushups
Finish it off with a swim! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...