Sunday, April 17, 2011

THIS close to becoming a college graduate.

I have had THE WORST case of SENIORITIS lately. (Senioritisnoun. A crippling disease that strikes college seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as GRADUATION.) Yes, explains me to a T. I finished up all of my projects, papers, evaluations, etc. and was ready to take my finals!!! 
sorry about the gruesome picture of me, refer back to the senioritis definition and that will explain the lack of makeup and not having the hair done. :)
But, I may have opted to do some fun stuff before I got around to studying. I mean, seriously, I am almost done! Why spend so much time studying when the weather is so wonderful outside?? So have fun we did. :) 
My parents and Emily came up for the day on Thursday to pick up some stuff for the store and I got to spend the day with them. And they got to have a little taste of the snake invasion that is still going on at our house.  We killed one more this week, and it, just like the others, endured the wrath of Preston. Luckily, Emily was here to help Preston finish the job. 
On Friday morning Preston and I got to go to the temple together and do a session. It was so nice and relaxing. Nothing beats the feeling of what is felt in the temple. 
And wanna know a little secret? I wear my wedding earrings every time I go back to the temple. It reminds me a little bit of my wedding day and the special things I felt that day.
Later that night we headed up the canyon for a little cookout with John and Christine. 
We roasted hot dogs over the fire

I promise these two were having a good time! lol 
 indulged in lots of chips and dip (try those chips and that dip-SO TASTY. probably my new favorite kind)




drank root bear straight from the bottle after letting it chill in the creek



 and had s'mores.

 It was a lot of fun! It's always so nice to get away from all the people and get up in the mountains and feel secluded. It is crazy that you can go from being surrounded by hundreds of people in the city and then driving 15 minutes and being the only four people around for miles. 
Preston, the fire is H O T! he he 
 Christine
John
 Me
We had such a fun and relaxing night. Thanks John & Christine for inviting us to come along! 

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking bout girl, your pictures turn out great! I think you know your camera better than you let on. Great pics of the food. :)
    How awesome that you wear your wedding earrings to the temple. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...