Friday, January 14, 2011

Visits to Temple Square

It seems like every time we turned around during Christmas time we had another invitation from someone to go up to Temple Square. We are just that popular. NOT. I'm totally kidding.

The first visit was obviously from my most recent post when we went there with my sister and her family. The second visit was all thanks to John & Christine (preston's brother and his wife) having tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert featuring.....DAVID ARCHULETTA! I tried not to be more excited to see him than I was to see Motab but I couldn't help it! John & Christine had two extra tickets and were nice enough to invite us along and let us use them. It was WONDERFUL! Not only was Motab amazing but David just killed it. He has one truly amazing voice. It was such a fun experience and got me even more into the Christmas Spirit....if that is even possible. I began listening to Christmas music so early this year that my Pandora account ran out and wouldn't let me listen anymore. If I wanted to they said that I needed to pay. YEAH RIGHT! I thought it was a free station! Anyways, back to the concert. We loved it! 

(they say not to take pictures in there...oops! Everyone else was doing it so I thought I should to! Classic response huh? My mom always said, "If everyone else jumped off a cliff would you do that too??" My response: Maybe! :D )

I couldn't help but take a picture of that amazing stage. I couldn't believe how they transformed the Conference Center into such a Christmasy Wintery Wonderland! 

I love to see the Temple! :D This is one of my all-time favorite buildings. I can't wait to do a session there someday. 
Posing! 
John & Christine!
The whole group! Thanks, John & Christine, for giving us the opportunity to experience such a wonderful show! And for introducing us to "The Pie" in SLC. It is the coolest little pizza joint! There Root beer and their cheese bread were phenomenal! I'm goin' back!


And then we returned for yet another trip to Temple Square with Preston's cousin, Ryan and his wife Skyann. This time we actually got to walk around and enjoy all of the lights and stop and listen to the Nativity Story. It was such a fun night! Even if we did get rained on! We are blessed with so many wonderful people in our lives. Thanks guys for a fun evening! (And for those delicious Enchiladas, Sky!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...