Friday, August 2, 2013

there is beauty all around


Sometimes I forget just how beautiful of a place I am privileged enough to call home.  The saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" is so true!  I always think how cool it would be to live in France or New York or Hawaii and find myself disregarding how awesome of a place I currently live in.

But then there are times like today when I am traveling down a road I have been down a thousand times before and suddenly it feels brand new.  I feel as if I am traveling through for my first time and I can finally see it through someone else's eyes.  I try and imagine what it would be like if I were on vacation in this place and the things that would stand out to me.  It helps me to notice the little things. The run down cabins I have never seen before.  The sunflowers growing wildly on the side of the round.  The river that I know a certain husband would fish in a heartbeat.  So many things that I just zoom on by because I am in a hurry.  So many things I have missed out on.

Today I am grateful for the little things that remind me to take a step back, slow down, and enjoy the ride. :)



^^Oh and it's Emily Weekend. Party at our house!!^^

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! It's so true - I'm also always thinking of cooler places to be living ...taking for granted that I live where people vacation! I do miss those Utah mountains though, lucky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...