Monday, January 28, 2013

some words about blogging.


Lately I have had this monkey on my back telling me to blog.  But there is one little problem with that, scratch that - a BIG problem - I feel like there is nothing going on in my life worth blogging about. Sure, I usually do something fun and out of the oridinary on Saturdays & Sundays but as for the other five days of the week, not so much.  It's hard to come up with things to talk about when I am confined to a cubicle forty hours a week.

But then it occurred to me.  Why put off blogging until I am a "stay at home Mom with cute kids to blog about" person? Is my life not important enough now to keep a history of? That answer is obvious - of course it is! But it's not always easy to remember. 

Most bloggers in the "blogosphere" are cute, young Moms with cute, little kiddos. Most of the time their blogs are devoted to documenting everything about their cute kids. And I am by no means saying that is a bad thing.  Let's be honest, those are the ones I read on a daily basis and can't wait to be like someday.

But then I realized, I have a great life now! And ten to twenty years from now I want to look back and remember how great our life was when it was just the two of us (and little Millie, of course).  So I am recommitting to myself (and to anyone else out there that ever stubbles upon my blog) to be better at documenting the story of our life.  Not just a "this is what we did over the weekend" post either but rather a journal that we can look back on and remember the day-to-day, good and bad times.  Because they happen every day, not just on the weekends. :)

And since I feel like a post is never complete without pictures, here is what life has been like for us according to my iPhone:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...