Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boulder Mountains



You have no idea just how much it bugs me that I am updating events on my blog out of order. But oh well, I feel like I should record these events while they are still somewhat fresh in my mind. And if you haven't noticed, I still have yet to post on all of the events I mentioned in the previous post.....RIDICULOUS, I know. But here's the thing - I made a little video of our roadtrip from North Carolina to Utah, put it to some super cute music, but can't for the life of me figure out how to post it to my blog!! Ugh. I've tried youtube, vimeo, the old blogger interface - you name it! It keeps telling me I need written permission from the song artists to use those songs on my video. Has anyone else ever had problems with this? How do I get passed that?!? Please email me if you have ANY tips! (sydneybishoff@gmail.com) 


Anyway, I digress. Now that I have finally stopped sulking over my video not uploading I'll get back to this post. :D 


This past weekend we went down to the Boulder Mountains for a little camping trip with Preston's family. All three of his brothers and their wives came, along with his parents. We had a blast! It was our first little outing with our new camper! (More to come on that later) The camper ran like a champ! It kept us nice and toasty at night and we just absolutely loved it! Not to mention it provided fresh baked cookies while camping - what could be better than that?!? Those cookies did take about an hour to bake but whose counting? haha. And the current debate is what to name the camper. Preston thinks the Polywog (spelling??) and I think The Snuggler. :) We'll see who wins.


While we were up there we went on a beautiful hike to Deer Creek Lake and Mooseman's Lake (I could have totally just butchered those names....I'm sure Preston will correct me if I'm wrong). Preston's family has been going there for many years and they usually backpack in and camp right next to the lake. But this year we camped down at the trail head and just hiked up for the day.




 Since it was my and my sister-in-law's first time hiking up there, we were initiated in by carving our initials into the tree that they have all been carving their initials into for the last couple of years. It will be neat to see how many more initials will be carved in there over the years. 






We then spent the rest of our afternoon fishing. And when I say "we" I really just mean the boys. As for the girls, we sat on the shore, read books, took naps and just relaxed. It really was such a beautiful place up there. I wish we could have spent more time than we did. After hiking back down the mountain we had some of the best dutch oven food I have ever tasted! Preston and his brothers all love to cook which is kind of nice because the girls and I hardly did any cooking the entire time! John, the oldest brother made dutch oven potatoes that were THE BEST I have ever had, barbequed chicken, and corn on the cob. His brother Chad made a killer peach cobbler. Needless to say, we were not hungry after that feast! 















Overall we had a wonderful trip! It had been far too long since we had been camping up in the mountains and we both fully enjoyed ourselves. Two more weeks and we'll be headed down to Moab to do it all over again!! :D 

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! What kind of camera/lens did you use???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It's beautiful there and it looks like you had fun! Great pictures, Syd! Camping trips are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...well now I know about The Snuggler's first trip! :) The Boulder mountains are so beautiful, your pictures make me want to go camping before it gets all cold again. I love your pictures too, you are a great photographer Syd! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...