Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend was definitely another eventful one! We were fortunate to be able to spend it with both my family and Preston's family.
The day before Easter, Preston's cousin got married and we got to celebrate in the wedding festivities with them. They held their luncheon at Thanksgiving Point. Conveniently, it was at the same time as the annual Tulip Festival was going on! 
I had been dying to go but hadn't had the time so it worked out perfectly that Preston's uncle had already paid for everyone attending the wedding luncheon to browse around the tulip gardens. It was BEAUTIFUL! I had never experienced the tulip festival before and it certainly did not disappoint. 
They had a little Easter egg hunt for the kids and we also got to take advantage of our new camera and snap a couple of shots of all of the couples in Preston's family that were there. I think Preston and I have turned into those crazy, picture taking fool type of people. You know, those tourists that you see with the big cameras hanging around their necks? I feel like that pretty well describes us ever since we have gotten our new camera. We're not ashamed though! We absolutely love taking pictures with it! (We are far from having it mastered or figured out though.) 
After the tulip festival we hurriedly finished loading our car full of our stuff that we are taking with us for the summer and then headed to the wedding reception. They held it at Southworth Hall on Center Street in Provo. It was such a great place - I had never thought of doing a reception there before and I thought that it reflected the couple's personality and style perfectly! 
There was ice cream from the BYU creamery, a chocolate fountain and all sorts of yummy goodies. We did a little dancing and a lot of laughing at Preston's brother, John as he all showed us his true colors as he got out on the dance floor and showed us his moves. From the reception we said goodbye to our house in Provo for the summer until we return in August and then headed to Moab! 
We made it there just in time for my family's annual Easter Egg Hunt. You might think that just the younger cousins and grandkids would be participating in the hunt but boy would you be wrong. EVERYONE joins in. As long as you don't have any kids of your own you are pretty much able to participate. So you can bet that Preston and I were out there with everyone else! Including a select few that really do have kids of their own.....Stephen and Linz. hehe
 It really is so much fun. We have done it for as long as I can remember and it truly is a blast. This year the weather was a little bit gloomy so we had the hunt right in my grandparent's/my parent's back yards. I can't believe we have never done it before! It was absolutely perfect! We used to go to Slickrock until it got overwhelmed with jeepers and then we moved it out to Castle Valley by my grandparent's home out there. But there backyard was such a fun place to do it! 
Some of my dad's siblings always come to town for Easter and it has been the best way for all of us cousins to get to know each other so well over the years. I absolutely love it. 
Easter wore some of us out!
We got to stay in Moab and visit for just a short time but we definitely made the most of it. I enjoyed seeing my nieces, nephews, sisters, parents, inlaws, and grandparents. It is so nice that we all live in the same place that we can see each other so often. 
Our time was cut a little short because bright and early Tuesday morning after Easter, Preston and I began our 3-day roadtrip to North Carolina!!!! But that is for another post..... All in all, it was a fabulous Easter and we just love being able to spend time with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...