Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween may have not been exactly what we hoped it would have been this year, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves. We had BIG plans of dressing up. But in the end, we had no excuse to dress up and we both agreed we would feel pretty lame staying at home wearing our costumes. haha But there is always next year!! :D 

We began our Halloween festivities by carving pumpkins with Preston's brother John and his wife Christine. They had bought those pumpkin carving kits that you can make really complicated designs with. You know what I am talking about? Well I had never used them before so I was super excited about it! 

 I realized that while growing up, I NEVER carved my own pumpkin. I always drew my design on and then my Dad would do it for me. So this year, I had to be a grown up and do it myself. It started out a little rough but ended up pretty successful in the end, if I do say so myself. :D 
I cut my hole a tad bit too small. But don't you fret! It all worked out in the end! 
The super small hole.
Preston refused to use the pumpkin carving kits and did his free-hand. But between you and me, he didn't come up with the design on his own. He'll try and convince you that he did but he copied it out of the book! Little stinker! 
My goofy skeleton pumpking
John being so meticulous with the carving. 
Christine cleaning it out
Christine's pumpkin.
It looked like the abominable snowman from monster's inc to me! 

John's creepy werewolf pumpkin.
Preston's pumpkin looking like it literally was on fire.
And my pumpkin. Turns out mine only had a difficulty level of 1 (being the lowest). Can you tell?? haha 
The day before Halloween, Preston and I headed up Hobble Creek Canyon to this quaint little fishing hole. He had been there the day before and told me about the MONSTER fish that he missed out on catching. He had it all planned out how he was going to catch this guy. To me, it sounded like a sneak attack and I didn't know that you could even do that with fish. But apparently you can! And I saw the big ol' fish in the water myself! He was a big one! But unfortunately, Preston still couldn't hook him. It looks like we'll be headed up there again sometime! He did catch some other guys that seemed to be pretty good size to me. But what do I know? I'm just a girl....that's why I sat on the bank with my nook and indulged in reading the Hunger Games. 

Workin hard to catch a little fishy! 
One of his many catches.
He is wearing fishing waders, by the way. I laughed when I saw him put them on. They looked like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum pants to me! 
Oops! He got his line stuck in the tree! I may or may not have been entertained watching him trying to get it out! 
Another catch! :D
Absolutely beautiful place!

And here I sat. On a log. Reading the Hunger Games. It was the perfect setting to read that book! And I finished it. It is SOOOO GOOD! So hurry up and go read it yourself! You will get caught up in it I promise! 

On our way back home, we came across this campground that looked like a fun place to take our camper. And all of a sudden this old man starts shooting towards our truck. It startled us and then we realized that he was shooting at a badger! Apparently these little guys are mean and are really harmful to people. Well Preston, being the avid hunter that he is, offers to help the guy kill him. This old man gladly agrees so Preston jumps out of the car, with his beebee gun (the only gun he had with him) in hand and chases this little guy up and over a mountain side. I stayed back in the truck and he was gone for almost an hour! He ended up being victorious and killing him, only with a beebee gun and big rocks. He was so proud of himself and I couldn't help but be either! He is such courageous man! hehe I love you babe! 
Then, after a dinner of Pumpkin Waffles, we made Halloween sugar cookies and watched Hocus Pocus. 



Goodbye Halloween! Maybe we will be more enthusiastic and actually dress up next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...