Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July



Our Fourth of July wasn't relaxing by any means but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. 

Preston's parents stayed with us and on the morning of the 4th, we got up bright and early and headed down to Provo's Balloonfest. It started at 630am (!!!!!!!) and we got there just a little after it started because of how far away we had to park. I am so glad we went.  Hot air balloons are just so incredible. I love them! But when I think about actually riding in one, I get anxiety so I think I'll just stick to admiring them from the ground for now. :)


My attempt at a Fourth of July breakfast. I intended on adding blueberries and just forgot. So just imagine how much prettier that breakfast would be with blueberries sprinkled on top. The cutest, I tell ya.
The rest of the day was spent making cute Fourth of July treats for our BBQ that night.  I'm one of those people that finds joy in cute food and cute parties. (Especially cute Fourth of July parties. See here) Not saying I actually pulled it off but it was fun. Preston didn't help out in the kitchen but he did extract two gallons of honey from our beehives. TWO GALLONS! Let's just say are food storage is good to go in the honey department.  We keep throwing the idea around of selling some but we'll see.
Me and my not so patriotic but incredibly handsome, husband. :)

And the cute treats.



Just look how cute I cut the watermelon. :) 

Just kidding, here's the actually cute cut watermelon.


And my personal favorite of the evening, red white and blue ice cream sandwiches. I used my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe found here but instead of using semisweet chocolate chips, replaced them with white chocolate ghiradelli chips and dyed 1/2 of the dough blue and the other half red. So easy and so scrumptious!

We finished the night off by watching the stadium of fire fireworks in the Rec Center parking lot.  It was a great Independence Day. Hope you all had a great one too!
xoxo, Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...