Thursday, August 8, 2013

emily weekend

Once or twice a year, my little sister, Emily, comes and stay with us for a couple days at a time and when she does we like to call it "Emily Week or Weekend".  It earns a title because when she comes, our time is packed full of doing as much as we possible can while she is here.  She thrives on things that are new and exciting so we end up doing things that normally we wouldn't do.

When she first got here, Preston was out of town so we had a sleepover in the front room.  I am a bit of a wuss when he is gone so I decided we sleep in the same room partly because I was scared and partly because I thought it would be fun. :) We chatted and watched movies until we couldn't stay awake any longer.  If it were up to her, I think she'd stay up the whole night talking and laughing.  The girl never runs out of things to talk about.


I had to work the first day she was there so I dropped her off at Creativity Art Studio for a couple of hours until I got off.  I told her she had plenty of time before I came back and that she should take her time on her project.  Well, she disregarded that comment and took that as an opportunity to do as many projects as she possibly could before I came back.  When I went to pick her up, I found that she had made not one, but FIVE projects!!  If you have ever been to a studio like this, you will know that their projects are not super cheap so needless to say, she had quite the large bill.  She makes her own money and was able to pay for it so it wasn't a big deal but it certainly gave us a good laugh!  She was pretty proud of herself.





Emily is the biggest fan of spaghetti probably EVER so I decided to make one of Preston and I's favorite spaghetti dishes: Spinach & Garlic Butter Spaghetti! So yummy!  Emily is used to spaghetti with marinara but this one was a hit for her! She loved it.  We spent the rest of the night drinking milkshakes and watching movies again.


On Saturday, we slept in, hit the Provo Rec Center for our workout and then headed to the Provo Farmer's Market.  It was my first time going to it and I was very impressed!  So many talented people selling their crafts and homemade goods.  I absolutely love the atmosphere of a good farmer's market. :)







The rest of the day was spent at Seven Peaks.  Nothing better than enjoying the summer sun and Emily's zest for life and having fun makes everything that much better.




Sunday was pretty low key.  We attended our church meetings where Emily helped me teach my Primary lesson.  We took a little tour of downtown Provo so Emily could see the new City Center Temple being built.  That temple still continues to amaze me.  It is currently up on stilts right now and they have dug a GINORMOUS hole underneath and around it.  It is really intriguing to watch the construction.  We just can't wait until it is done!









^^Her face the majority of the time.  Always so happy!^^ 

It is always a treat to have Emily come and stay and we always thoroughly enjoy having her around.  Thanks for coming, Em! Can't wait to have you again soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...