Thursday, September 29, 2011

Taylor Swift and a realization

Last night I went with my parents and my sisters to the Taylor Swift concert. WOW. I didn't know Celine Dion could be outdone but Taylor did it. I'm serious, she was the best concert I have been to yet. 


We had so much fun! Emily and I sat together and sang every song to our little hearts content. My favorite comment of the night was when Emily leaned over to me and says, "Syd, aren't you glad Mom had a fourth daughter so that you didn't have to sit by yourself tonight (since our seats were all in sets of two)?" haha.  Yes Emily, I am very glad I am not the youngest and you came along to be my buddy. :) 


Oh man, if I could follow Taylor on her whole tour around the world, I would. For sure. No questions asked. It was an absolute blast! 




Now time for my little realization. One look at a picture of yourself that you think you look "ugly" in can ruin your self esteem for the rest of the day. Seriously! I went to the dermatologist yesterday morning and didn't wear any makeup because I wanted the doctor to see the skin on my face without anything on it. Well, afterwards I didn't have much time to get ready so I had to just do my makeup in the car. I was impressed with myself because 1. I did it in the car and 2. I did it in like ten minutes or less. And I thought it turned out pretty good. Until I looked at the above picture. I look like I have sleepy eyes and have absolutely no makeup on! And it doesn't help that I am surrounded by three beautiful sisters and one gorgeous momma! :) 




So for like an hour after that all I could think of was how much I wished I would have gotten ready a little more today to look cute for the concert. (stupid I know, but true) And then it hit me. Who really cares what you look like?? Just because you took a bad picture doesn't mean you need to suddenly feel bad about yourself and think you look gross and not have any fun. So I got over it and realized that not one person is perfect and everybody has things they want to change about themselves. Like me, if given the chance I would give myself flawless facial skin in an instant. But it doesn't work that way. So for now I'll deal with the things I don't like about myself and be grateful for the things that I do like. Us girls are so silly sometimes. 






That little realization came during the concert, inspired by Taylor herself. I'm not really even sure what she was talking about or whether or not it had anything to do with what I was feeling but somehow it helped. She is a great artist and I just absolutely love her music. She really speaks her mind and is honest in her songs and that is something to appreciate today. Her songs are so easy to relate to - I love it! 


Anyway, enough of my girl drama. The concert was a blast! Anybody who thinks she is terrible live, needs to think again. She is amazing and her show was so entertaining! 




Loved it. Loved her. Loved being able to spend some time with my amazing sisters and wonderful parents. :)


And I was going to add a video or two but I don't have the patience to do it right now because blogger is so lame when it comes to videos. Any tips on uploading videos anyone?!?

1 comment:

  1. I'm way stinkin' jealous! I love,love,love Taylor Swift! It looks like you girls had so much fun. You, your sisters and mom are so fun, I just love you all! Syd, you are so gorgeous, with or without makeup! Seriously, your smile and personality radiate beauty. I love reading your posts-keep'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...